I’m Dr. Mihai Meiu, primary care physician in Sports Medicine, and with my help you will solve your problems that prevent you from training or participating in competitions. Together we will find the solution to improve your performance, to recover faster after physical effort and to effectivel prevent injuries. I am waiting for you, together with my colleagues, to discover and push your limits!
I graduated from the Faculty of General Medicine within UMF ‘Carol Davila’ Bucharest, and then I chose to follow the residency in Sports Medicine (2009-2013). In 2013 I became a specialist in Sports Medicine, and since 2018 I have practiced as a primary care physician in Sports Medicine.
I started my professional career in sports at Steaua București (FCSB), where in 2009-2015 I was a doctor in the junior groups, the second team and seniors. Here I learned what a professional football club means, what are the requirements to achieve performance in sports, but also what are the problems that may arise along the way.
In 2015, the professional path brought me to the Romanian Football Federation, where I founded the Medical Department that I still lead today. Within the Federation I had the honor to be with the groups of juniors, youth and seniors who represented Romania in various international matches and competitions.
Among the most important projects in which I got involved at the Romanian Football Federation are:
- Coordination of medical activity at the level of the 17 representative groups of Romania
- Carrying out a national program that provides endowment of affiliated members with external automatic defibrillators as well as organizing a basic life support course for them
- Development of a Football Nutrition Guide for players, parents and coaches (together with Dr. Șerban Damian and Vlad Sabou)
- Arrangement of a medical office and a treatment room (physiotherapy, physiotherapy) within the Mogoșoaia National Football Center
- Organizing conferences, symposia and workshops on current topics in sports medicine
Competences: Certificate in Health Services Management, UMF Carol Davila Bucharest (2017)
Affiliations: – member of the executive board of the Romanian Society of Sports Medicine
- EFSMA, FIMS, CMR, CMB
Courses and congresses:
– UEFA Football Doctor Education Program, 26-28 April 2017, Barcelona, Spain
– 3rd FIFA Medical Conference, 27 – 28 May 2015, Zurich, Switzerland
– Football Medicine Strategies – Return to Play, Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, 9th -11th April 2016, London, UK
– Basic and advanced courses MUSCULOSKELETAL ULTRASOUND – Center for education and research in ultrasonography Cluj Napoca – affiliate of “Jefferson ultrasound research and educational institute” – Philadelphia USA, 30.09. – 11.10.2013 (module I – basic), 03.02. – 14.02.2014 (module II – advanced), Cluj-Napoca
- International Conference of Sports Medicine and Sports Science – Health and Performance in Modern Society, Hotel Caro, May 21-23, 2014, Bucharest
- Football Medicine Strategies for Muscle and Tendon Injuries, Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, 20-21 April 2013, London, UK
- Managing Football Injuries: Experiences from the field, Wembley Stadium, 22nd April 2013, London, UK
- Professional training for the implementation of new technologies in the health system, Rin Grand Hotel, February 12-15, 2013
- 27th Congres de Medicine Physique et de Readaptation, 18-20 October 2012, Toulouse, France
- 32nd World Congress of Sports Medicine, Cavalieri Congress Center, 27-30 September 2012, Rome, Italy
- ICSEMIS 2012, SECC IOC, 19-24 July, Glasgow, UK (Scholar)
- Football Medicine Strategies for Knee Injuries, Stamford Bridge Stadium, 21-22 April 2012, London, UK
- Cardiopulmonary and Cerebral Resuscitation Course in Adults – Advanced Vital Support, Spit. St. Pantelimon, February 20-24, 2012, Bucharest
- 7th EFSMA European Sports Medicine Congress, 26-29 October 2011, Salzburg, Austria
- 7th Congress of the European Federation of IASP Chapters (EFIC), 21-24 September 2011, Hamburg, Germany
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Diagnosis in Sports Pathology, June 17, 2010, Bucharest
- MRI Musculoskeletal Course – Phoenix School of MRI – Module I, 03 July 2009, Bucharest
- LEN Sports Medicine Symposium, Sydney Olympic Center, 02-04 October 2009, Izvorani